No Need For Debate


No Need for Debate
My entire childhood was spent living in a constant inner struggle and debate: 
·      What does God really require of me?
·      Am I really going to Hell?
·      How can I please God and still have desire for someone of the same gender?
That perplexing state of questioning and insecurity was no fun at all!

When I eventually realized that the Almighty God was bigger than my small and narrow questioning definitions, I put an end to debating those insecurities in my life.  Accepting that God expected me to live, realizing that today’s actions were of more consequence than tomorrow’s destination, and that loving myself and my neighbor likewise was exactly how I should and could truly please God, I came OUT in confidence and acceptance of who and what I honestly was created to be. The joy of first experiencing God in this light is hardly something to be expressed by pen.  The sheer levity of freedom from burdening doubt is truly amazing.
 Imagine living as a Christian in the full knowledge of God’s love for who and what you are, without the foreboding stigma of guilt?
It is possible when you recognize God’s requirement for your life, commit the future to God’s control, and concentrate on living daily the principles of Jesus’ teachings regarding yourself and others.

For me, there is no longer a ‘gay debate’.  Coming OUT as Gay and Christian included the acceptance I felt from God.  There is no more ‘debate’ as to whether or not it’s okay for me to exist or be who and what I truly am meant to be.  I am physically attracted to someone of the same gender, period.  I also am spiritually bound to follow Christ.  God gave me the natural born ability to have feelings of physical attraction and the desire to share intimacy with another human being.  God gave me the spiritual capacity to love and serve Him and to draw nigh unto him with my heart and soul. Period.  No cause for debate.

This is no ‘great question’ of Theology.  It is simply a matter of belief and practice.  I believe God, therefore I practice.

·      I believe God created all human beings with the capacity to love.
·      I believe God gifted each of us with the ability to have feelings of attraction towards another human being, including the desire for intimacy.
·      I believe God enables everyone with the opportunity to draw nigh unto Him in spirit and in truth.
·      I believe that where God leads, He provides, thus supporting His creation to act and live good according to His will in our lives.

Christians need not ‘debate’ the validity of whether it is okay to be Christian and an ‘actively gay person’.  If God created a person gay, it is not even questionable to wonder if that person allowably may ‘be gay’.  It is ‘theological rhetoric’ and redundancy to think and say as much.

There is no debate.  God did not make anything in his creation without a purpose or plan.  Being gay is a human characteristic that has value and purpose in the grand scheme of creation.  Gay Christians are not ‘condemned’ to celibacy in some ‘penitential purgatory’ of life.
To openly appear non-judgmental by saying that one agrees with the premise that it’s possible gays were created by God, but then to categorically deny them the ability to function as such, is to point an accusatory finger in the face of God, saying, ‘you should not have made them thus!’

Gay people, many of whom are deeply committed Christians, have for far too long be subjected to debate (either personally and internally, or publicly) as to whether or not they are ‘fit’ subjects to practice Christianity.  Any system of spirituality which chooses to deny gay people full inclusion as legitimately and equally functioning fellow Christian believers remains in the judgmental state of Pharisaical hypocrisy, choosing to exalt its agenda of separation from perceived sinfulness over Christ’s clear command of love for all.

Let true believers’ in God, through Jesus Christ, make known to all that everyone is welcome to worship in the power of the Holy Ghost, in spirit and truth, no matter their physical capacity for love and attraction. 
Humans look on the outward appearance but God seeth the heart!




  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING OUT FROM CONSERVATIVE RELIGION

Guidlines for Living-transposed from Amish handbook

Confirmed to Be