The Best PB&J Ever!


THE BEST PB & J EVER
When I was a child living at home with my parents, I was blessed to partake every day from the bounties they provided me.  My mother was an excellent cook and baker and she made us delicious bread. Living in harmony and obedience to my parents was beneficial to me being able to enjoy mealtimes together with them.  She would cut me a thick slice of her homemade bread and I would dig deep into the peanut butter jar to smear thick creaminess across my slice, and then slather on some strawberry jelly to add that essential sweetness.  This made the best PB & J ever!
In Psalm 81, God is speaking to Israel and all those who love him, that he will feed them, just as he fed their fathers long ago.  “Open thy mouth wide and I will fit it” is a promise to those who seek after God.  To be fed with the finest wheat, and honey out of the rock, is God’s parental desire to provide pleasant nourishment to his children.  Oh that each would put away hate from our hearts and disobedience from our lives, so that we may gather around God’s table for some of the best PB & J ever!




Dear Father God, our parental Provider, we pray Thee fill us with Thy bounty, purge from our hearts the leaven of hate and sin, and bring us unto Thy Rock of Provision in the wilderness of our journey.  This we humbly ask in Thy Holy and Reverend Name.  Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING OUT FROM CONSERVATIVE RELIGION

Guidlines for Living-transposed from Amish handbook

Confirmed to Be